absol duskull mew

Share on Facebook

Back sprites and Battle mechanics

December 18, 2020 3:16:44pm
[-]
Pokesilver22 forum profile avatar
Back sprites and Battle mechanics
I think that if we use back sprites for the Pokémon you are using in a battle that it will feel like we are really playing a Pokémon game. I can make these, but I have only ever found reference photos of pixelated back sprites up to Black and white 2... we also need to fix the battle mechanics. There are some moves that should lower or raise stats-such as Growl-that instead do damage. Growl lowers the attack stat of the opponents Pokémon by 1. This lasts for one battle but can be undone by using the move Mist—which eliminates all stat changes. I know this because I have a book on Pokémon Pearl and diamond, which has this info.

I also think that the trainers should not be so over powered. I can hardly do anything because every Pokémon that the NPC’s have are level 13,000 and demolish my Pokémon in about 2 hits. I understand this is used so the players can raise the level of their Pokémon, but that is not possible with this. But I actually think it’s an awesome idea, but they should be at least 100-1,000 levels above the trainers strongest. Also, the use of Pokémon stats and possibly abilities will be much help. The stats are used to have advantages on the opponent—it is also a major part for any RPG. An example of this is if the opponent has a low number Speed stat, and one of your Pokémon has a very high Speed. This Pokémon has an advantage on the opponent because it will attack first. But what if the opponent has a high Attack and Special Attack stat? Well, than your Speed does nothing if you have low Defense or Special Defense. All in all, I think these should be in the next update. I think these will also improve how the flow of battle goes.

You must LOGIN to see Pokesilver22's signature.
Advertisements
Quote this message in a reply
December 18, 2020 3:17:04pm
[-]
Pokesilver22 forum profile avatar
Sorry guys for making it so long!

You must LOGIN to see Pokesilver22's signature.
Advertisements
Quote this message in a reply
[-]
Board Statistics
Pokemon Reborn Pikachu

The Back sprites and Battle mechanics - Pokemon Dusk Reborn Forums - Pokemon Online RPG Forums

Our members have made a total of 2,929 posts in 526 threads,
We currently have 59,441 members registered on

Pokemon Dusk Reborn - Online Pokemon RPG.

Game Released: 14th September 2016

Pokémon © 1995 - 2024 Nintendo/Creatures Inc./Game Freak Inc [Legal Information] [Privacy Policy] [TOS] [ RSS]
Advertisements

Pokemon Reborn © 2016-24 by Cruz. [Back To Top]